[ Main Page | Editorial Board | About | Instructions ]
[ Table of Contents | Archive | Archive Search | Online Submission | E-mail ]

Turkish Journal of Cancer
2006, Volume 36, Number 1, Page(s) 023-026
[ Summary ] [ Full Text ] [ PDF ]
Vinorelbine and cisplatin in metastatic breast cancers
GÜZİN GÖNÜLLÜ, NEVZAT SELİM, İDRİS YÜCEL
Ondokuz Mayıs University Medical School, Department of Medical Oncology, Samsun-Turkey

Nineteen patients with metastatic breast cancer who had been previously treated with a regimen containing doxorubicin and docetaxel were included in our study. Cisplatin (75 mg/m2 day 1) and vinorelbine (25 mg/m2 days 1 and 8) were administered every 3 weeks. The median age was 51 yr (41-69). A total of 98 cycles of chemotherapy was given, with a median of 6 cycles (3-6). Four patients achieved a complete response (21%), and six patients achieved a partial response (32%), with an overall response rate of 53%. Stable disease was observed in five patients (26%), four patients had progressive disease (21%). The median time to progression was 4 months (0-13) and median overall survival was 46 months (39-52). Grade 3-4 toxicities were febrile neutropenia 1%, anemia 3%, neutropenia 11%, nausea-vomiting 1%. This cisplatin/vinorelbine regimen is well tolerated and active in patients who failed anthracyclines and docetaxel treatment. [Turk J Cancer 2006;36(1):23-26].

[ Summary ] [ Full Text ] [ PDF ]
[ Main Page | Editorial Board | About | Instructions ]
[ Table of Contents | Archive | Archive Search | Online Submission | E-mail ]